With Mother’s Day right around the corner (mark your calendars for May 12th), we have compiled some of our favorite ways to customize the perfect gift for mom. With a little inspirational help from us and the ability to customize, your friends at Gemvara are here to help you create a gift that mom will cherish forever.
Create by Color
Choose birthstones of the children to create an extra special gift for mom, or customize in mom’s favorite hues to make her gift sparkle.
Check her Jewelry Box
The best way to get to know your mom’s jewelry is by checking it out yourself. If she prefers smooth, clean lines, our curated selection of simply stated pieces could be the right fit. Is her taste more intricate? If so, our delicately detailed pieces will dazzle her.
Capture a Memory
Full of tradition and symbolism, the Claddagh Ring is a piece of jewelry worn for generations. The detailed design features two hands clasping a heart, topped with a crown and is said to symbolize love, friendship, and loyalty. Claddagh Rings have been worn and passed down for centuries as friendship rings, promise rings, and even for engagements and weddings.
What most find interesting is in the way it’s worn. Depending on the hand and the direction of the heart, the Claddagh Ring often conveys the status of one’s relationship. How would you wear yours?
From red carpet to runway, the rich hue of emerald has always been a popular choice among starlets and designers. Now with Pantone (THE color authority) announcing emerald as 2013’s Color of the Year, expect to see this verdant shade making appearances everywhere. A striking tone, the emerald is one of four gemstones defined as “precious” and belongs to an elite list, which includes diamond, ruby, and sapphire. It’s hard to argue the exquisite quality of the color, but incorporating the hue into your wardrobe can also be a bit intimidating. Drawing on inspiration from industry trends in fashion, home décor, and beauty, we’ve come up with tips to navigate this beautifully bold color.
THE ACCENT: Inspiration from Fashion
Adding an accent of emerald to a LBD with a sequined clutch or satin heels creates an eye catching ensemble. Similarly, customizing a piece with emerald as an accent stone allows for a hint of the color and turns heads as shown in our Alyssa Ring.
SHADES OF GREEN: Inspiration from Home Décor
Think of emerald as a jumping-off point to explore other green shades for the home. A bold green wall might not work for most décor, but a softer green can create a calm and rejuvenating space and is neutral enough to compliment almost any aesthetic. Choosing a lighter green stone like green amethyst creates the same effect.
JUST GO FOR IT: Inspiration from Beauty
Notice me nails in a metallic emerald shade is for the person who isn’t afraid to make the color front and center (at least for a few days). Take the same daring approach with a brilliant solitaire emerald in a modern style.
How will you be inspired by 2013′s Color of the Year?
There are so many pieces to choose from on Gemvara – and so many ways to make that piece your own. How could anyone possibly keep track? Thus, we are here to tell you – it is really simple. We have a beautiful wishlist option, it is just as easy as following these few steps.
1) Make a Gemvara account! With this account you get limited offers through our emails, access to new collections and new gift hubs. Also, you can make your wishlist. Find the link “JOIN” on the top right of the homepage.
2) Once you are all signed in, find the link “Wish List” on the top right. You’ll see that your Wish List is empty! So now, let’s create.
3) Find your favorite piece. Maybe you are a ring fan, maybe you love necklaces. For an example, let’s use a personal favorite, the Basira Ring with 4mm gemstone.
4) Now it is time to customize. I’m going to customize three options to pick my favorite.
5) I’m a huge rose gold fan, so I’m going to add the rose gold combination with the aquamarine stone to my wishlist. Click “Done Customizing” and then find the button “Add to Wish List”. It automatically saves to that page.
6) Keep customizing, keep creating, and find your perfect piece!
What pieces are you going to add to your wishlist?