Shopping for that special something for your bridesmaids is always tough. For one, you need to pick something that everyone will like. At the same time, the thought of splurging on more gifts just makes you anxious. But etiquette calls, and a bridesmaid gift is a special and important way to say thank you to the ladies who will be by your side on your big day. We thought we’d give you ideas on meaningful and stylish gifts that won’t break the bank, and more importantly, that all your ‘maids will love.
1. Shawls. Who doesn’t love a good shawl? Dessy has the cutest accessories, but we especially love their Pashmina Shawls for $30. They are one size fit all and they come in every color, so that your girls can wear them down the aisle, at your reception, and over and over again.
2. Jewelry. Classic earrings, colorful bangles, and statement necklaces always make a fun gift. Pick different pieces to match the personality of your ladies, or select one classic piece for everyone.
- Gemvara has a great gift selection
- Rachel Eva Long Channel Chain Earrings $42
- White Cluster Pearl Studs $19
- Athena Bangle $34
- Swarovski and Pearl Pendant, $39
3. Cosmetics: Because girl can never own too much makeup! And lip products are a relatively safe option as long as you stick to glosses, sheers, and neutral colors.
- Sephora Lip Gloss set: $20 (for a $60 value) A four piece high intensity lip gloss set in tangerine inspired shades.
- Sephora Korres Lip Goddess collection. $29 (for a $44 value) A limited-edition collection of full-size lip essentials in a range of beautiful finishes (two lip butters and a lipstick).
- Essie Wedding Collection Nail Polish Set $17.00. The set includes a semi-sheer reflective pink, a freshly-minted cream green, a white rose with glistening stardust, and a creamy, dusty lilac. Or, make a cute assortment with your “wedding” colors, and for your maid of honor, package them with a giftcard to a spa.
4. Flip Flops or Espadrilles. Yes, you will need to do some sleuth work to find out shoe sizes, but who wouldn’t love a pair of these, especially for Spring/Summer weddings?
5. Clutch bags. Who doesn’t love a new purse? For an extra touch, surprise your bridesmaids with a little lip gloss or nail polish inside the bag.
- La Regale Satin Evening Cluch, $24.99
- Gold Poco Wristlet, $99
- Sondra Roberts Rose Satin Clutch Bag in Black. $98
6. Hairpins. How about giving them a pair of delicate hair pins they can wear on the wedding day or for any special occasion? They are unique, feminine and, most importantly, affordable.
7. Jeweled Straps. We love the idea of going glam and these jeweled straps are definitely a unique gift and a beautiful accessory to add some sparkle to a strapless gown.
- Lulu of NY jeweled straps. $49-$59.
8. Robes. Your girls will be eternally grateful when they receive a comfy, stylish robe for them to wear for the pre wedding day festivities, and any time afterwards!
9. Fun and Flirty Aprons. They’re different, unique and oh so feminine.
- Jessie Steele aprons, $33
10.Get Personal. If you’re the sentimental type and someone who loves giving that extra personal touch, consider personalizing an item for your ladies – from a dish to a tote to a fancy wine glass, your options are endless!